Conveyancing Fees

Here’s a breakdown of our fixed conveyancing fees. No nasty surprises, only full transparency. Rest assured that you will always be informed of any additional costs incurred in the conveyancing process.

$900 plus GST

Normal purchase conveyancing files (includes the review of up to three contracts via call)

$1,000 plus GST

Normal sale conveyancing files (includes the preparation of the contract of sale and Section 32 statement)

$1,200 plus GST

Foreigner property purchases (includes the review of the contract, settlement, and Foreign Investment Review Board application)

$300 plus GST and disbursements

Lodgment of a caveat pursuant to the contract of sale

$300 plus GST

Nomination of contract

$300 plus GST

Letter of advice

$300 plus GST

Removal of caveat (if the caveat was lodged by you under the contract of sale)

Disclaimer: Above fees may exclude goods and services tax (GST) and disbursements. Terms and conditions apply.


Disbursements are items we pay to land registries and other third parties for you. When buying
a house, disbursement fees generally range from $300 to $400. The same applies to off-the-
plan contracts although this is highly dependent on the number of owners’ corporation

  • Register search statement
    When conducting a title search, you will receive a register search statement. The statement shows real estate information held in Land Use Victoria, such as the registered proprietors, land description, encumbrances, and a diagram location.
  • Water information certificate
    This certificate details water and sewer pipelines and need to be disclosed in the Section 32 statement.
  • Land information certificate
    The land information certificate contains information re valuations of the property, amount of rates charged, and applicable arrears/interests.
  • Land tax clearance certificate
    This shows any outstanding land tax liability on a property or parcel of land..
  • Building certificates
    Through a building certificate, you can find out whether the property is subject to any current notice or order issued by the relevant building surveyor.
  • VicRoads statement
    There are instances when VicRoads will acquire property for road projects and developments. A statement from them will let you know if there is any proposed roadwork that may affect the property you want to buy.
  • Owners corporation certificate (if applicable)
    You can access information such as quarterly or annual fees payable and building insurance among others by getting an owners’ corporation certificate.
  • Planning certificate
    This official document contains details of a local council’s planning schemes that control the use and development of land. Generally, these schemes include zones and overlays.
  • Heritage certificate
    A heritage certificate outlines encumbrances related to State heritage rules and restrictions. If a place or object is deemed important to the history and development of Victoria, then it cannot be used or changed without an official permit from Heritage Victoria.
  • Environmental Protection Authority certificate
    The EPA certificate will confirm the condition of the land or property, whether there are pollution issues like noise or soil pollution.
  • Other Security Interest Discharge
    PPSR searches and discharges are sometimes necessary.

If a company is the other party in a property sale or purchase, then you might need to conduct an ASIC search. Through an ASIC search, you can get information about companies, the directors of the company, shareholders of the entity, , persons, documents, and more.

Additional fees

  • Nomination of new, additional, or substitute purchaser by way of a nomination document
  • Attendance of face-to-face settlement (complex settlements)
  • Disbursing high value sums of money requiring bank attendances or international transfers
  • Lodgment of paper conveyancing transactions with Land Use Victoria
  • Preparation and lodgment of First Home Owner Grant application
  • Preparation of licence agreement to possess a property pre-settlement
  • Preparation and lodgment of an application via PEXA for a new certificate of title in place of one lost or destroyed
  • Preparation and lodgment of an application by legal personal representative (for a deceased individual or deceased estate) or a survivorship application

You don’t have to gamble with your property investment.

TNS Conveyancing can assist you from start to end of the conveyancing process. Free quote. No obligation to hire. Nothing to lose.